Timpson City Council Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 21st day of May, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Marilyn Corder to discuss Frontier Days.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: On 5/20 Chief Graham celebrated 9 years with the Timpson Police Dept.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of April 2019, there were 13 citations issued, 13 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 1 to minors. Total amount reported is $6,840.01, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $3,762.00.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, we will be setting up dates to work with each department on their upcoming budgets. If councilmembers would like to attend, I will set specific times on the Budget Workshop dates.
9. Election Items:
Canvass General Election May 4, 2019.
Resolution 20180515-1, an Order declaring the canvassing of the City of Timpson General Election, May 4, 2019.
Issue Certificates of Election for Council Members Tiffany Collins, Charleston Johnson and Kyle Allen. Municipal Judge Marilyn Corider will issue a certifiate of election to each elected candidate and each candidate will sign a Statement of Elected/Appointed Officer (Article XVI, section 1B of the Texas Constitution).
Issue Oaths of office Council Members Tiffay Collins, Charleston Johnson, Kyle
Allen by Municipal Judge Marilyn Corider.
Elect Mayor Pro-Tem to perform mayor’s duties during the mayor’s incapcity or Absence. The mayor pro-tem is selcted by majority vote of the council from amoung its own membership. The mayor pro-tem is for one year. The mayor pro-tem retains the right to vote on all matters before the council (and not just to break a tie) while performing the duties of mayor (Local Government Code Section 22.037 and 23.027).
10. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on April 16, 2019
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of April, 2019
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – April, 2019
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (11 –15)
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval to purchase police vehicle that was authorized in the Special Meeting, and to approve the authorized loan agreement from Austin Bank.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider the received bids for the Crown Victoria and Chevy Tahoe.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval to remove the one-way McLaughlin street sign due to the relocation of the buses. Also consider Pecan Street to remain one-way between the hours of 3:00pm – 4:00pm for the 2019/2020 school year.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval of funds from the TVFD account to purchase and update personal protection gear in the amount of $5,250.
15. Discuss and possilby take action: Discuss and consider bid specifications for sale of City property on Hwy 59.
EXECUTIVE SESSION 551.074 – Discuss City property bid specifications with Attorney.
16. Reconvene into open session:
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.