Notice of Timpson City Council Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 18th day of June, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce:
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition: 6/13/19 Larry Burns celebrated his 25 th year of service with the City of Timpson.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Agenda Item: Consider approval of the FY 2017 – 2018 AUDIT presented by Frank Campos.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of May 2019, there were 6 citations issued, 7 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 3 to minors. Total amount reported is $8,162.36, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $4,489.30.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, notification of the PD vehicles out for bid was published in Shelby County Today by Chief Graham with the last day to submit bids being Friday, June 14th .
Budget Meetings have been set: July 9th - Water Budget Meeting, July 23 rd -Electric Budget Meeting, July 30th - General Budget Meeting, August 6th – EDC Budget Meeting, Preliminary Budget at the August 20th Council Meeting and adopt the Final Budget at the September 17th Meeting. All meetings will be at City Hall at 3:00 pm. Any Council Members interested in attending must notify the City Secretary.
City office will be closed Thursday, July 4 th for observance of Independence Day.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the regular meeting held on May 21, 2019
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the EDC Meeting held on June 17, 2019
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of May, 2019
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – May, 2019
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider the received bids for the 2009 Crown Victoria and 2009 Chevy Tahoe.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval of the amended Ordinance No. 20160920-3 for McLaughlin St. to be two-way traffic and Pecan St. to remain one-way, in a Northbound direction from Hwy 87 to McLaughlin St., during the designated hours of 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM. Also the approval of 7 one-way signs for Pecan St. to reflect the designated times.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Review and approve the rate increase for the TML insurance premium for City Employees. The current rate per month/per employee is $581.42 and the new rate effective October 1 st will be $598.86 This is an increase of $17.44 per employee. An increase to the City employee expense of approximately $1900.00 per year.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act. This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance. This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936- 254-2421.