NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF TIMPSON
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be
held on the 19 h day of January, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street,
Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices: Marilyn Corder
completed the required annual certification course for the Municipal Courts Association.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of November, there were 6 citations
issued and 8 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 1 to a minor. The total amount
generated for the City was approx. $310.39.
For the month of December, there were 5 citations issued and 10 violations, 0 to
juveniles, and 4 to minors. The total amount generated for the City was approx.
D. City Secretary: The City has 3 City Council seats expiring this year. The Notice of
Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot for the May 1, 2021 General
Election was posted on December 14, 2020. The first day to file for place on the
ballot was January 13, 2021 and the last day will be February 12, 2021.
The physical address for filing applications in person will be at City Hall, 456
Jacob St, Timpson between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The address to mail
applications for a place on the ballot (if filing by mail) will be PO Box 369,
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES:
Dec 14, 2020 – Deadline to post Notice of Candidate Filing Deadline.
Jan 1, 2021 – First day to File for Ballot by Mail
Jan 13, 2021 – First day to File for Place on the Ballot
Feb 12, 2021 – Last day to File for Place on the Ballot
Feb 18, 2021 – Last day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy
April 19, 2021 – First Day of Early Voting
April 20, 2021 – Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
April 27, 2021 – Last Day of Early Voting
May 1, 2021 – Last Day to receive Ballot by Mail
May 1, 2021 – Election Day
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary
to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Nov. 17, 2020
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held on Dec. 9, 2020
C. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held on Jan. 7, 2021
D. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of November 2020
E. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of December 2020
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF THE
CITY OF TIMPSON
F. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – November 2020
G. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – December 2020
H. Ratify the emergency PO for Mall Energy to repair generator at the sewer plant in
the amount of $4,810.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (9 - 15)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to consider the sealed bids received for
the 1999 F150 ($500 min) and 2001 F250 ($750 min).
10. Discuss and take action: The Council will discuss securing Financial Auditing Services for
the FY ending 9/30/20. Frank Campos was last years auditor and the Council will need to
approve him for 2019-2020 or vote to advertise for bids of a Governmental agency with
grants totaling LESS THAN $500,000 *Requires a Single Audit compliant with
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to approve Resolution 2021119-02,
designating GrantWorks as the contractor to provide the Texas CDBG application and
project related administration services for the 2021-2022 Community Development Block
Grant Fund Project.
12. Discuss and take action: Order of Notice, General Election to be held on May 1 st 2021 to
elect three City Council Members.
13. Discuss and take action: Re-visit the Goodwin-Lasiter sidewalk design, per the request of
Council Member Walker.
Executive Session: Section 551.074. Personnel Matters
14. Discuss: City employee request for a pay rate increase due to additional responsibilities.
The employees current hourly pay is $16.91 and is current on the highest level of
water and waste-water licenses.
RETURN TO OPEN MEETING
15. Discuss action: Regarding item 14.