City of Timpson Governing Body to meet
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 16th day of April 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Call to Order:
- Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
- Chamber of Commerce: Nothing to Report
- Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition: City of Timpson supported the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center by contributing $613.36 to the agency.
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham, attending Texas Police Chief
Leadership Class, June 10-14, with funds coming from the PD account for
all expenses including hotel, mileage, and meals.
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of March 2019, there were 25
citations issued, 31 violations, 3 to juveniles, and 4 to minors. Total amount
reported is $18,092.10, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $9,950.65.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, due to the City supporting the Shelby
County Children’s Advocacy Center, they have extended an invitation to their
Appreciation Event Wed, April 17th that is for all the contributing individuals and
businesses. The event will be at 4:00 pm following the butterfly release on the
square in Center.
*Early Voting begins April 22 at City Hall and ends April 30th, weekdays only
*April 23 and April 30 are extended hours 7 am – 7 pm, other days are 8 am – 5 pm
*May 4 - Election Day, 7 am – 7 pm at the Timpson ISD Gym Foyer
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on March 19, 2019
- Consider approval of the minutes from the Special Meeting held on April 5, 2019
- Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of March 2019
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – April 2019
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider options and bids from
Duplichain Contractors for project on 4th & Garrison Street.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider the received Woodlawn
Cemetery Committee applications.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval to purchase
police vehicle that was authorized in the Special Meeting, and to approve the
authorized loan agreement from Austin Bank.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider taking bids on the
existing police vehicles: 2009 Crown Victoria, 2009 Chevy Tahoe, and 2013 Chevy
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.