City of Timpson - Council Meeting Agenda Rescheduled
The City of Timpson has rescheduled the city council meeting for Friday, January 19, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 19th day of January, 2018 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Call to Order:
- Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
- Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
The Annual Membership Drive Banquet will be held on January 18, 2018 at
the Community Building at SoSo Park. The fee will be $12 for non-members,
$10 for members and free to Chamber Gold members. The speaker will be Jenna
Armstrong, President and CEO of the Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce.
- City of Timpson 7217461 CD Grant: Randy Blanks with Waxman and Associates
and Pat Oates with Goodwin Lasiter will be in attendance to speak concerning the
$275,000 Grant that was currently awarded to the City of Timpson for sewer repairs.
- Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these report.
- Presentations & Recognition:
The City of Timpson will recognize Mrs. Charlotte Broadway for 34 years of
continuous service on February 1, 2018. Mrs. Broadway started in 1984 as the
Utility Billing Clerk for the City of Timpson and maintains the records for all
residential and commercial utility accounts in the City. The City Council
would like to thank Ms. Charlotte for all her years of service and dedication to this
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
9. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of November 2017, there were 70
citations issued, 78 violations, 0 to juveniles and 3 to minors. Total amount
reported $16,844.71 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $9,264.59.
For the month of December 2017, there were 80 citations issued, 90 violations,
0 to juveniles and 7 to minors. Total amount reported $7,498.07 the City’s portion
a 55% estimate of $4,123.94.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting the Notice of Deadline to File
Applications for Place on the Ballot for the May 5th, 2018 General Election was
posted on December 18, 2017. The first day for filing an application is January 17,
2018 and the last day will be February 18, 2018. The physical address for filing
applications in person will be at City Hall, 456 Jacob St, Timpson, TX between the
hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The address to mail applications for a place on the ballot
(if filing by mail) will be PO Box 369, Timpson, TX. If there are any questions
feel free to contact me at 936-254-2421.
Timpson Volunteer Ambulance Service is offering a state approved Emergency
Medical Responder (EMR) course beginning March 2018. This is a 6 week
(60 hours) class at a cost of $500 which includes tuition and books. Classes will
be held from 6pm – 10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 159 Bremond Street in
Timpson. To register or for more information, call Tracy Lee at 936-554-0988.
Reporting that no bids have been submitted for the 2008 Crown Victoria owned
by the Police Department.
E. Mayor Smith: Mayor Smith will go over the 1st Quarter financials and the
approval will be part of the Consent Agenda items.
10. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on November 21, 2017
- Consider approval of Financial Statements for the month of November and
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Paid bills for November, 2017
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Paid bills for December, 2017
- Consider approving the Old Spanish Trail Ride to camp at SoSo Park on February
- The Timpson Volunteer Fire Department is requesting the approval of funds for
department members to attend the Livingston Fire School. Livingston Fire School
is state regulated and is how members stay up to date on procedures and
certifications that the State of Texas requires. The cost will be $125.00 per fireman,
totaling $1,375.00, to be paid from the VFD Account.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (11 –20)
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution 20180116-1 designating authorized
signatories for contractual documents and documents for requesting funds
pertaining to the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program Contract
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution 20180116-2 regarding Civil Rights
with attached policies concerning TxCDBG No 7217461.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Approval of the Engineering Contract
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Approval of the Administration Contract
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Removal of the rail car that is located at SoSo
Park. This will be done by an individual at no charge to the City.
16. Discuss and possibly take action: Trash Service Contract. Go out for bids or stay
with Waste Connections whose contract was up 12/31/17.
17. Discuss and possibly take action: Accept bids for the “spring” trimming of the
trees at Downtown Plaza. Bids must be in by February 5th and will be awarded at the
February 20th Council Meeting.
18. Discuss and possibly take action: City Employee Performance Evaluations
(Executive Session if needed).
EXECUTIVE SESSION 551.074 –Deliberate the appointment, employment,
evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or
employee: All City Employees
19. Reconvene into open session:
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.