Agenda for Timpson City Council Meeting 1/15/2019
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 15th day of January, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Call to Order:
- Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
- Chamber of Commerce: Nothing to Report
- Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these report.
- Presentations & Recognition: None at this time
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of November 2018, there were 20
citations issued, 28 violations, 0 to juveniles and 2 to minors. Total amount
reported $9,357.04 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $5136.47.
For the month of December 2018, there were 37 citations issued, 51 violations,
1 to juveniles and 3 to minors. Total amount reported $5319.63 the City’s portion
a 55% estimate of $2925.79.
D. City Secretary: Paula Mullins is reporting the Notice of Deadline to File
Applications for Place on the Ballot for the May 4th, 2019 General Election was
posted on December 21, 2018. The first day for filing an application is January 16,
2019 and the last day will be February 15, 2019. The physical address for filing
applications in person will be at City Hall, 456 Jacob St, Timpson, TX between the
hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The address to mail applications for a place on the ballot
(if filing by mail) will be PO Box 369, Timpson, TX. If there are any questions
feel free to contact me at 936-254-2421.
E. Mayor Smith: Mayor Smith will present 1st Quarter Financial (Oct 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018 at the February Regular Meeting.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on November 20, 2018
- Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on December 18, 2018
- Consider approval of Bills Paid for the month of December 2018 $132,736.37; less electric and garbage $114,391.41 (Reg payables $18,344.96)
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – January 2019 list not available
- Consider approving the Old Spanish Trail Ride to camp at SoSo Park on February
- Consider Approval of Financial Report for January 2019
- Consider approval of Ashlyn Broadway working part time in the office to assist with
phones and filing until a City Secretary is hired. Rate of Pay $8.50 per hour; hours to be “as needed”. Position is TEMPORARY and includes NO BENEFITS
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –17)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and Consider approval for the mayor
To draft resolutions to remove Leslie Leathers from all Credit Cards, Bank Accounts,
TMRS Retirement Account, Grant Accounts, Bank Lock Box, Post Office, and any
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider approval of bid to repair the roof at City
Hall; Bid Submitted by Mac Samford Roofing $ 4800.00 + $600, total $5400. ** if
Not approved a motion will be needed to go out for bids to repair the roof – it is
Leaking in the kitchen area.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider approval for Chandler Tree Service to
Cut down and remove debris, tree located on City ROW, on Austin Street. Tree
is too large for Tommy Sparks to remove, limbs are falling and present danger to
property and people. Quote #865145 $1480.00 ** if not approved a motion to go
out for bids to cut and remove is needed
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider going out for bids for the required
Bank Depository Services; current contract with Austin Bank has expired
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider bids submitted to Larry
Burns for the Annual Generator Preventative Maintenance Contract. Mall Energy
$3590.00 and Power Plus $3951.31
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Advertise and Accept bids for the “spring”
trimming of the trees at Downtown Plaza. Bids must be in by February 8th and will
be considered at the February 19th Council Meeting.
16. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider hiring a City Secretary from existing
applicants; set rate of pay a and start date. ** If position is not filled a motion to
extend period for and expand advertising for the position is needed. Application
deadline to be Jan 31, 2019 at 5pm.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.
City of Timpson
Debra Smith, Mayor
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted on the bulletin boards at City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas and on the front door of the Timpson Police Department facing outside, on Tuesday, January 16, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Paula Mullins, Interim City Secretary
I certify that the attached notice and agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was removed by me from the bulletin board in the City Hall and from the display case adjacent to the front door of the City Hall on the _______day of, _______________2019.
Paula Mullins, Interim City Secretary