CITY OF TENAHA: October 2020 Special Called Meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF THE
CITY OF TENAHA
The Tenaha City Council will meet in a Special Called City Council Meeting on Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 5:30 pm, 238 North George Bowers Drive, Tenaha, Texas.
FACE MASK ARE REQUIED TO ENTER THE BUILDING AND DESIGNATED SEATING WILL BE PROVIDED DUE TO SOCIAL DISTIANCING.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
- Call to Order:
- Roll Call: To establish a quorum.
- Pledge: United States Pledge
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
Regular Agenda Items:
6. Discuss/Approve the resolution for submission for City of Tenaha, for an application for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grant programs administered by the Texas General Land Office (GLO)
7. Consider/adopt Citizen Participation Plan for the City of Tenaha, for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grant programs administered by the Texas General Land Office (GLO)
8. Consider/adopt Capital Improvement Plan for the City of Tenaha, for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grant programs administered by the Texas General Land Office (GLO)
9. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Recess into executive session pursuant to Chapter 551, Subchapter D of the Texas
EXECUTIVE SESSION AGENDA:
A. SECTION 551.074. PERSONNEL MATTERS
To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline,
or dismissal of a public officer or employee: (Position for Public Works Operator)
B. SECTION 551.072. DELIBERATION REGARDING REAL PROPERTY:
To deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person.
END OF EXECUTIVE SESSION
Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive
10. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-248-3841.