Jackie Kirkwood is seeking election as justice of the peace for Precinct 4 in the Republican Primary
Jackie Kirkwood is seeking election as justice of the peace for Precinct 4 in the Republican Primary.
“I would like to announce my candidacy for the office of justice of the peace for Shelby County Precinct 4. I have spent most of my adult life in a servant leadership role in which allowed me to serve the public, helping and caring for others. I spent almost forty years in public education as a teacher and principal forming the lives of young people and assisting parents in the education of their children. I served in the United States Military for over 28 years with the last 17 years as a chaplain assistant that afforded me the incredible opportunity to serve my country and my God at the same time. That service provided me the opportunity to care for the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of many military members during a time of war. For twenty years, I also served the public as a reserve police officer. The last 12 years of my law enforcement career was spent as a Deputy City Marshal for the City of Tenaha. The rewarding experience of protecting the property and lives of the citizens will be cherished and forever remain a memory.
All my experiences mentioned were endeavors embarked upon because of a great heart for serving others. I have been retired from those wonderful opportunities that God provided for me and now feel the calling to again serve others. I believe that as the justice of the peace, I will have the opportunity to once again serve my fellow man. As a judge, I know that the decisions made have very important and sometimes great consequences on people’s lives. Careful thought must be placed in every decision. The job must be done with fairness, integrity, and a genuine compassion for others. I believe that with my servant’s heart that I can fulfill the duties of this office with dignity and pride, delivering the justice that is expected from the esteemed office of justice of the peace. I would be greatly honored for the votes of the citizens of Precinct 4.
- Graduate of Tarleton State University
- Graduate of Sam Houston State University
- Attended University of Texas-Tyler
- Graduate of the Basic Reserve Police Officer Course of East Texas Police Academy-Kilgore College
- College training included agriculture education, agriculture and educational administration, pre-law and criminal justice
- Completed security police training through the United Air Force Security Forces School at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
- Served four years as a security forces member for the 917th Wing at Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana
- Served as a chaplain assistant for the 307th Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, served as the non-commissioned officer in charge of the Chaplains Office, and served seven years as an instructor for chaplain candidates for the Air Force Reserve Command
- Awarded numerous military awards which included the Air Force Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Medal and Navy Achievement Medal
- In 2013, awarded the chaplain assistant of the year award for the Air Force Reserve Chaplain Command
Once again, it would be an extreme pleasure to place my name on the ballot for the job of justice of the peace Precinct 4. When elected, I will pledge to serve as a fulltime judge for the court and do the job to the best of my ability. I will make myself available to the citizens of Precinct 4 and will cooperate with other elected officials to the best of my ability. I want to support our law enforcement officers as they carry out the duty of enforcing the laws. Cooperating with the school officials in juvenile issues will be a priority as well. Land owner and tenant rights will also be of utmost importance in the execution of the office of the justice of the peace.
I am in hopes that the citizens of Precinct 4 will evaluate my education, experience and training along with my enormous heart for serving others and place their vote for me as their next justice of peace.
Pol. Adv. Paid by Valarie Kirkwood, Treasurer, PO Box 536, Tenaha, Texas 75974