Mount Enterprise City Council Special Meeting
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MOUNT ENTERPRISE, TEXAS WILL CONVENE IN SPECIAL CALLED SESSION TUESDAY, MAY 7TH, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
MOUNT ENTERPRISE CITY HALL,
103 W. GREGG STREET, MOUNT ENTERPRISE, TX 75681
Mayor Harvey Graves will preside
I. Call to order
II. Roll call, Invocation, Pledge to the U.S. Flag, Pledge to the Texas Flag (Honor the Texas flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible)
III. Visitors / Citizens Presentation (The City of Mount Enterprise welcomes public comment early in the agenda. Those wishing to speak during the Visitors/Citizens Presentation portion of the meeting must sign in before the meeting begins. Speakers must observe a three-minute time limit at all times during the meeting, unless granted specific permission from the Council to extend their comments. The Mayor or Council reserve the right to limit, table, or deny individual comment, if such comment is determined to potentially hinder the Council’s ability to conduct city business during the council meeting.)
IV. Discuss and Consider Action on the Following:
a) Mayor & City Council to consult with attorneys in closed executive session under Tex. Govt. Code §551.071 to receive legal advice and update about the civil suit styled Parker Sweeney v. The City Of Mount Enterprise, et al., now on file and pending in the district court of Rusk County, Texas.
Mayor & City Council to consult with attorneys in closed executive session under Tex. Govt. Code §551.071 and Tex. Govt. Code §551.074 concerning the City Administrator/Court Administrator position currently held by Rosena Becker-Ross and to receive legal advice and counsel as to available discipline options for the City concerning this position and employee and then in open meeting to take action.
Potential reassignment of City and City Court duties among staff and adjustment of staff work schedules.
V. EXECUTIVE SESSION NOTICE
A closed executive session may be held if the discussion of any of the above agenda items concerns one of the following:
1. seeking the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the City Council under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act. [Tex. Govt. Code §551.071)
2. deliberating the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the city in negotiations with a third person. [Tex. Govt. Code §551.072)
3. deliberating a negotiated contract for a prospective gift or donation to the city if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the city in negotiations with a third person. [Tex. Govt. Code §551.073)
4. deliberating the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee unless the officer or employee who is the subject of the deliberation or hearing requests a public hearing. [Tex. Govt. Code §551.074)
5. deliberating the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices. [Tex. Govt. Code §551.076)
6. discussing or deliberating commercial or financial information that the city has received from a business prospect that the city seeks to have locate, stay or expand in or near the city and with which the city is conducting economic development negotiations; or deliberating the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect. [Tex Govt. Code §551.087)
7. deliberating security assessments or deployments relating to information resources technology, network security information, or the deployment or specific occasions for implementations of security personnel, critical infrastructure, or security devices. (Tex Govt. Code §551.089)
VI. Reconvene (into regular session and consider action, if any, on item(s) discussed in executive session).
VII. The Council may vote and/or act upon each of the items set out in this Agenda.