Joaquin ISD: Agenda for Special Called Meeting
Joaquin Independent School District
11109 US Highway 84 East, Joaquin, Texas 75954
Telephone (936) 269-3128 Fax (936) 269-3615
Notice is hereby given that on the 9th day of April 2020, the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin School District will hold a special meeting at 5:00 p.m., at the Administration building, Joaquin, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed are listed on the agenda attached to and made a part of this Notice. If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board of Trustees should determine that a closed session of the Board of Trustees is required, then such closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Section 551.001 et seq., Texas Education Code, will be held by the School Board at the date, may conveniently meet in such closed session concerning any and all purposes permitted by the Act, including, but not limited to the following sections and purposes:
Texas Government Code Section:
§551.071 An executive session will be held for the purpose of having private consultation with the Board’s attorney when the governmental body seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation or a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of counsel to his client, under the Code of Professional Responsibility of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Act.
§551.072 Deliberation of the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person.
§551.073 Deliberation of a negotiated contract for a prospective gift or donation to the governmental body if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person.
§551.074 Deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
§551.076 Deliberate the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
§551.082 Deliberate a case involving the discipline of public school child or complaint or charge brought against an employee of the School District by another employee and the complaint or charge directly results in a need for a hearing.
§551.0821 Deliberate a matter regarding a student or students where personally identifiable information about students will necessarily be revealed by the deliberation.
§551.083 Deliberate the standards, guidelines, terms or conditions the board will follow, or instruct its representatives to follow, in a consultation with a representative of an employee group.
§551.084 Exclusion of witness from hearing.
§551.127 A governmental body may use a video conference call to hold an open or closed meeting and a member or employee of a governmental body may participate remotely in a meeting of the governmental entity by means of a video conference call if that participation complies with the requirements and provisions of this section.
§551.129 A governmental body may use a telephone conference call, videoconference call, or communications
over the Internet to conduct a public consultation with its attorney in an open meeting of the governmental body or a private consultation with its attorney in a closed meeting of the governmental body.
39.030 Discuss or adopt individual assessment instruments or assessment instrument items.
Should any final action, final decision, or final vote be required in the opinion of the School Board with regard to any matter considered in such closed session, then the final vote shall be either:
- in the open meeting covered by the Notice upon the reconvening of the public meeting; or
- at a subsequent public meeting of the School Board upon notice thereof; as the School Board shall determine.
- Roll call, establishment of quorum, call to order – Joaquin ISD may have member(s) via video conference call – Texas Government Code Section 551.127 (See Attached Code)
- Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
- Audience Participation – In accordance with Joaquin ISD Policy BED Local no presentation shall exceed five
minutes. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board.
- Report/Information items:
- Update on school closure
- Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
- To delegate to the superintendent the authority to make day to day decisions for the construction project that are permitted by the statutes in Texas
- To determine that the competitive sealed proposal method delivers the “best value” for the district in this Project
- To adopt the criteria and the weights for the selection of the contractor
- To adopt the contract and contract modifications made by the district’s legal counsel for the contract with the engineer, the contractor, and for the general conditions and the supplementary conditions for the contract of construction
- To delegate to the superintendent and/or the district’s legal counsel the authority to review and approve the payment bond, performance bond, and insurance policies submitted by the various construction professionals engaged by the district
- To Approve the Contractor for the Stadium Synthetic Turf Field Project
- To approve and authorize acceptance of the proposal for Phase II services by CEI Engineering Associates, INC
- To approve the contract form and contract modifications recommended by the district’s legal counsel for the contract with CEI Engineering Associates, INC
- To Approve Resolution for Wage Payments during Emergency School Closing
- To Approve TEA Waivers for low attendance days in December, 2019
- Closed Session
$551.074 Deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
$551.129 A governmental body may use a telephone conference call, videoconference call, or communications over the Internet to conduct a public consultation with its attorney in an open meeting of the governmental body or a private consultation with its attorney in a closed meeting of the governmental body.
- Recommendations for items to be placed on agenda for next Board meeting
- Designation of date and time of next meetings:
On this 6th day of April 2020, this Notice was mailed to news media that had previously requested such Notice and an original copy was posted on the bulletin board outside the School District Administration Building at 1:00 p.m. on said date.