CITY OF JOAQUIN REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING AGENDA January 15, 2019
The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday January 15, 2019
6:00 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
- Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
- Open Forum.
- Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
- Monthly Reports:
- City Secretary- Administrative updates.
- Utility Billing Manager Report -- Monthly receipts & Adjustments Report.
- Public Works Manager-Update – Departmental Updates
- Water Department-Update—Ongoing Water Projects
- Events Committee -Christmas Festival Report.
- Joaquin Public Safety Development Committee -Report.
- Joaquin Economic Development Committee -Report.
- Council approval on Payment of Bills.
- Presentation to Council by RG3 meters
- Discussion & Council action possibly writing off debt owed to the city by Ms. Rose Mary Frost.
- Discussion & Council action on scheduling a tour of the city streets with economic development and city employees to discuss a course of action & prioritize repairs needed based on condition of roads.
- Discussion & Council action on creating a work schedule/trash duty in our city park.
- Discussion with Council members about our current policy on cut dates from city utilities.
- Discussion and Council action on declaring a day on our calendar in our city in honor of Boo’s Battle.
- Discussion & Council Action on approval of contribution of funds for Recycle Trailer.
- Discussion & Council Action on Ordering City Election May 4, 2019.
- Discussion & Council Action on approval of loan from Texas State Bank for the purposes of installing back-up generators for water system.
IF during the course of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.
Posted by Amanda Willey on January 11, 2019 at 10:15 a.m.
The following were notified: Shelby County Today, Center Broadcasting, The Light and Champion, and East Texas Press.