City of Joaquin Regular Scheduled Meeting Agenda
The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday May 21, 2019 at
6:00 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Swearing in of Elected Council Members.
4. Presentation of Students Recognition Awards.
5. Open Forum.
6. Council approval of the previous meeting’s minutes.
7. Monthly Reports:
a) City Secretary- Administrative updates.
b) Utility Billing Manager Report -- Monthly Receipts & Adjustments Report.
c) Public Works Manager-Update – Departmental Updates
d) Water Department-Update—Ongoing Water Projects
8. Council approval on Payment of Bills.
9. Discussion on City Code, Ordinance Violation, & Enforcement.
10. Discussion on the shut off date for natural gas services to the City Of Joaquin.
11. Discussion & Council Action on providing online bill pay for utility customers.
12. Discussion & Council Action on imposing a tax per barrel of saltwater injected inside City Limits.
13. Discussion & Council Action on Park Improvements.
14. Discussion & Council Action on financing proposal for bids for automatic water meter project.
15. Discussion & Council Action on work based learning agreement with Workforce Solutions.
16. Discuss & Council Action to award a contract for administration grant writer TxCDBG F.A.S.T. grant 2019-2020.
17. Discussion & Council Action on approval of proposed lease agreement for city building.
18. Discussion & Council Action on approval of Hotel/Motel tax funds --Testing & removal costs for historic restoration for 130 Steve Hughes Drive.
19. Discussion & Council Action Budget Revisions- Projected Expenses.
20. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting-Personnel Matters (551.074).
a) Personnel Reviews- Staff
21. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session.
IF during the course of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.