Shelby County Commissioners Court Special Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 15th day of May, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay weekly expenses.
2. Approve current payroll.
3. Public comments on Agenda item.
4. Merle Howard with the William Carroll Crawford Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic to request funds to help restore Historic Bell.
5. An Executive session will also be held for the purpose of discussing personal, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. The closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
6. Reopen Special meeting.
7. Discuss and possibly make a decision on issues discussed in the Executive Session.
8. Discuss and possibly adopt guidelines and criteria for the creation of a reinvestment zone.
9. Discuss and possibly adopt a resolution to participate in tax abatement.