SCBA Battle of the Border
Huxley Bay Marina on Toledo Bend lake was the sight of last weekend's Battle of the Border presented by Wings and Whitetails of Carthage. Panola County anglers challenged the Shelby County anglers to the 1st annual fishing tournament with 100% paybacks of entry fees and prizes donated by Wings and Whitetails. Top ten teams from each county's weights were calculated to determine the winning overall county in the competition. Individual team prizes were also awarded.
The Shelby County group took this challenge seriously and tallied up an impressive 10 team weight of 149.50lbs of bass with each team weighing in a 5 fish limit and taking the bragging rights and trophy for the year! Panola County made an impressive showing with a total 10 team weight of 99lbs. Next year's challenge date and location will be determined at a later date.
Top 5 overall winners as follows:
(1) Ricky Sims and Jason Wells - Shelby County
(2) Ryan Pinkston and Zac Clark- Shelby County
(3) Sammy Peace and JC Whitaker- Panola County
(4) David Koonce and Darren Wiggins- Shelby County
(5) David and Chris Cartwright- Shelby County