2019 Shelby County Broiler Results
The 2019 East Texas Poultry Festival Broiler Sale brought over $135,000 with the grand champion pen of broilers selling for $7,000.00.
Sixty-eight Shelby County 4-H and FFA youth exhibited at this year's show, with 40 pens of broilers making the sale. We would like to give special thanks to Judge Jacob Coppage for taking the time to come judge the show. Mr. Coppage spoke to several of the exhibitors and gave them several tips on how to grow an outstanding broiler.
The results of the show are as follows:
Kalei Larock of Center FFA sold her grand champion pen of broilers to Farmer’s State Bank for $7,000.00.
Lance Holloway of Center FFA won reserve champion honors with his pen of broilers, which sold to Borders Poultry Supply for $6,000.
Other Shelby County 4-H and FFA members selling their pens and buyers were:
3. Kiptyn Phelps, Shelby County 4-H; Rick Campbell in honor of James & Mona
4. Cale Cornelius, Timpson FFA; High Roller Wells and Spartan Structures; $5,000.00
5. Blake Collard, Center FFA; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas Poultry;
6. Autum Andrusick, Shelby County 4-H; Hammer Equipment, K&L Contractors, JML
Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle and Chubby Chicks; $2,500.00
7. Collin Lloyd, Shelbyville FFA; Deep East Texas Electric Co-op; $2,400.00
8. Klayton Larock, Center FFA; Despino Tire; $1,750.00
9. Mason Hughes, Joaquin FFA; Bird Forestry; $2,500.00
10. Clayton Hinton, Shelbyville FFA; First Financial Bank; $3,000.00
11. Jacie Lee, Shelby County 4-H; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,700.00
12. Taylor Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,800.00
13. Brayden Britt, Center FFA; Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters; $3,000.00
14. Julie Bird, Center FFA; Heritage Land Bank; $3,600.00
15. Megan Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters;
16. Kolton Smelley, Timpson FFA, Foster Forestry; $3,000.00
17. Camryn Crouch, Shelby County 4-H; Rydaco; $4,000.00
18. Guner Youngblood, Shelby County 4-H; Port-A-Cool; $3,700.00
19. Trista Britt, Center FFA; Ray Jones Chevrolet; $2,250.00
20. Hannah Wages, Center FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,200.00
21. Carter Bell, Shelby County 4-H; President Donald Trump; $3,000.00
22. Kensleah Loftin, Joaquin FFA; American State Bank; $2,700.00
23. Emma Reese Whiteside, Shelby County 4-H; Borders Poultry Supply; $2,250.00
24. Wesley Wages, Center FFA; State Representative Chris Paddie; $2,500.00
25. Eli Bush, Center FFA; 4-B Trucking and DB Farms; $2,500.00
26. Hannah Hicks, Tenaha FFA; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,500.00
27. Sutton Link, Shelby County 4-H; McAdams Propane; $3,000.00
28. Mason Barbee, Shelby County 4-H; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas
29. Kyleigh Hendricks, Shelbyville FFA; Southern Fluid Solutions; $3,250.00
30. Emilee Elliott, Center FFA; Bird Forestry; $4,000.00
31. Camille Greer, Shelby County 4-H; Link Charolais and Mrs. Odessa Link; $3,000.00
32. Kenley Ramos, Center FFA; Governor Greg Abbott; $4,000.00
33. Ryker Tomlin, Center FFA; High Roller Wells and Spartan Structures; $3,750
34. Evan O’Rear, Shelby County 4-H; East Texas Surveying & Mapping and Raymond
35. Alexis Truitt, Center FFA; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas Poultry;
36. John Austin Ford, Shelby County 4-H; R & D Distributing, Fish & Still, Center Tire
Company and Keith Oswalt Logging; $3,000.00
37. Laura Anne Scull, Shelby County 4-H; Bird Forestry; $4,500.00
38. Colton Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Pilgrim’s Pride; $3,800.00
39. Hollie Hamilton, Joaquin FFA, Hammer Equipment, K&L Contractors, JML
Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle, Chubby Chicks, Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters; $2,900.00
40. Mason Perry, Center FFA; Shelby Veterinary Associates, Citizens Bank, David &
Renea Sanders, Matthews Real Estate, Sabine State Bank, Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters
Kalei Larock, a senior at Center High School, will be awarded a $500 scholarship from Shelby Savings Bank for being the highest placing senior with her pen of broilers at Center’s awards ceremony.
Thanks goes to Boles Feed for the purchase of the wing bands and the wing-banding for the broilers.
Thank you to 4-L Logging for donating the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion buckles.
Tyson Foods - Carthage brought every pen that was under $2,600.00 up to $2,600.00 and added $25.00 to each pen.
Wiggins Farms and Elite Hair Design added $50.00 to each pen.
Center Glass added $25.00 to each pen.
Also contributing to the sale were: Tyson-Carthage, Shelby Savings Bank, Boles Feed,
McAdams Propane, Farmers State Bank, Sabine State Bank, Bird/Crawford Forestry, Pilgrim’s
Pride, Borders Poultry Supply, Deep East Texas Electric Co-op., Ace Hardware of East Texas,
East Texas Poultry, Shelby County Farm Bureau, American State Bank, Sandhill Wrecker,
Rydaco, 4-C Electric, First Financial Bank, 4-L Logging, Austin Bank-Timpson, East Texas
Surveying & Mapping, 4-B Trucking and DB Farms, Judge Allison Harbison, Tyson-Center,
Hawkeye Hunting Club, High Roller Wells, Michael/Jessica Kay, General Shelters, Spartan
Structures, Action Credit, Heritage Land Bank, Payne’s Community News, State Representative
Chris Paddie, Center Welding, Lease Operating Services, Link Charolais, Odessa Link Farms,
R&D Distributing, Fish & Still Equipment, Double “O” Operating, Shelby Veterinary Associates,
Trails End Grocery, Citizens Bank, Center Tire Company, David & Renea Sanders, Payne’s
Rentals, 96 Equipment Inc, Windham Family Dental, Buddy & Paula Kay, Keith Oswalt Logging,
Elite Hair Design, Wiggins Farms, Wiggins Whitetails, Ray Jones Chevrolet, Mettauer Law Firm,
Few Ready Mix, Wheeler Law Office, Smith Sawmill Services, Dairy Queen, Bounds Insurance,
Light & Champion Newspaper, Matheson, Ihlo Sales & Imports, Elliott Waldron Title Company,
Raymond Construction, Ward Animal Clinic, Shelbyville Grocery, Steel Building Supply, Center
Motor Company, Center ATV, Shoop Financial, MKO Trucking, Wayne Christian Financial,
Judge Leann Rafferty, Cobb/Vantress Hatchery, Despino Tire, Dean’s Hardware, Worsham
Grocery, Mathews Real Estate, Hardy’s Machine Shop, Automotive Collision Specialist, Aurora
Concepts, Triple J Feed, Venado Creek, K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein
Cattle Company, Chubby Chicks
We would like to take this time to say thank you from the Shelby County 4-H and FFA
members and the Broiler Show Committee to Contributors, for their generous contributions and to
the many volunteers that help make the annual “Broiler Show and Auction” the great event that it
is every year!
The members of Texas A&M AgriLife will provide equal opportunities in programs and activities, education, and employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and wills strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout Texas A&M AgriLife. The Texas A&M University System, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the County Commissioners Courts of Texas Cooperating